Thursday, 25 June 2009

two things I have gained from the web 2.0 course (so far)

Prompted by a question from Bill last week

Two things that really make a difference to me from this course are:

igoogle - it's easier to see what's going on when I can get to mail, blogs, links, documents, all from one place. At the start of this course, I was a little overwhelmed by all the different routes and tools we could use. Now that Groups has gone (byee) and I've managed to configure igoogle the way I want it on all the computers that I use, life is much simpler. There are still other places I need to go to for certain stuff, and I still haven't tried newsgator (will soon, promise) but so far, igoogle is doing it for me.

collaboration - I have used some bits of web 2.0 in the past, just for my own purposes, but this course has made me think more about how to use them with other people (and whether I want to or not). Delicious was a very useful place for me to park my bookmarks, but just recently I have used it with other people. Google docs - nice for me to put stuff and access it from anywhere, and then I found docs that other people sent me to work on. Different mindset altogether and I'm beginning to like it.

David

1 comment:

  1. lol rip groups, eh!

    I'm pleased you've entered the mindset, which is actually quite difficult to access, as we all generally work individually and, as you say, these web 2.0 things only really get their power from the crowd.

    ReplyDelete